Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mast Wiring Connected

Commodore Nichols: "I went to Henderson's Wharf Marina yesterday, and connected the mast wiring. All the lights on the mast work except the tricolor on top. I will need help to run the wire for that light. I put a new connector on the radio cable and connected it to the antenna. The weather channel works, but I did not test the transmit function. (This is an old cable, with signs of corrosion and should be replaced.) I connected the wind display and it works. It is not calibrated as certain maneuvers are required while underway. The display did appear to be functioning correctly. While I had it on, the wind increased from 5 knots to 15 knots and changed direction in the manner that was broadcast on the weather radio. The wind indicator is wired to the same power switch as the depth gauge. The stern light is not working. I bought a new one, but I did not have time to install it. I will return to Hendersons at 11:00 AM on Friday, and I will install the stern light then.

No comments:

Post a Comment